Remote work is quickly becoming a popular way of life for many people. One of the best parts about remote work is that you can do it from anywhere in the world, so long as you have an internet connection and your laptop or tablet with you.
We recommend you to check our Post 51 Best Remote Jobs for Travelers (with Salaries) – Explore the World!
This means that there are plenty of opportunities for those who want to be their boss and set their schedule. In this blog post, we will highlight some Fortune 500 companies hiring remote workers now!
Why work for a Fortune 500 company?
Large companies typically pay competitive salaries, which is one of the biggest benefits of working for a big company. They also provide employees with other perks like health insurance, 401k matching, and free lunches!
But besides all that, let's have a look at some benefits and drawbacks to consider when working for a Fortune 500 company.
Benefits of Working for a Fortune 500 Company
- They often times offer remote jobs digital nomads love
- A benefit of working for large companies is that they typically have well-recognized brands and as such, provide plenty of opportunities for internal promotions.
- Many people hired into Fortune 500 companies are entry-level employees and are given opportunities to move up within the company.
- Those companies often exist in many locations and that makes them pretty stable.
- You get the opportunity to work with talented and experienced people.
- Often you'll have a Flexible Career Path and have the chance to switch teams, roles, or even work locations.
- You can build a Network of peers.
Drawbacks of Working for a Fortune 500 Company
- The hiring process is typically slower because large companies have more candidates to go through before an offer can be made.
- Another drawback that most people think about when it comes to working at larger companies is the politics involved in getting things done.
- The larger the company, typically the more bureaucratic it is, which can slow down productivity and innovation.
- When working at a large corporation you get less freedom to choose your projects. It's not always easy for large companies to be nimble when responding to changes in business or customer needs so they tend to move slowly compared to a small company.
- You may have less room for growth and advancement compared to startups or smaller companies where you can grow faster.
- Large corporations typically have plenty of red tapes to cut through before getting things done, so you must know how to navigate the bureaucracy well!
Large List of Fortune 500 companies are hiring remote workers
If you want to know how to find remote work, Fortune 500 companies are a great option for employment, no matter your experience or level. The big names in business have always been attractive employers and that's true whether you're coming fresh out of college with an MBA under your belt – you'll find those jobs can be fulfilling too!
So, let's have a look at fortune 500 companies you can work from home!
- Amazon – Amazon is hiring remote customer service associates to resolve issues related to shopping, orders, returns, or delivery.
- Asurion – Asurion offers telecommuting jobs in various departments.
- Anthem Inc - Anthem is hiring virtual customer service reps to resolve basic product or account inquiries.
- Avis – Avis hires customer service agents to work from home part-time or full-time.
- Bank of America – The Fortune 500 company has over 1000 remote jobs available in various departments like graphics design, business analyst, data science, and more!
- Boeing – Boeing offers a variety of positions that can be fulfilled remotely, such as engineering and architecture jobs.
- Cigna – Cigna hires remote workers across all divisions for things like sales support and business development roles.
- Cisco Systems – Cisco has over 2000 telework jobs available in technology, finance, human resources, and more.
- ConocoPhillips - ConocoPhillips offers flexible work options for employees with special needs or who are caring for an aging family member.
- CoStar Group – CoStar has home-based job postings and hires for positions like account managers and sales support.
- CVS Health – CVS is hiring telecommuters across many different departments, such as retail management, customer service reps, health care specialists, and more.
- Citizens Bank – Citizens Bank is hiring remote workers in roles like relationship managers and customer service representatives.
- Cox Communications – Cox offers a variety of work-from-home opportunities across departments, including technical support, marketing jobs, finance positions, human resources roles, management jobs for several levels of experience!
- Dollar General - Dollar General hires virtual assistants, customer service reps, warehouse workers, supply chain experts, and more.
- Delta Airlines – The Fortune 500 company has dozens of job listings for virtual assistants to be based at their headquarters in Atlanta or other offices within the United States.
- Deloitte - Deloitte offers flexible schedules on a project basis that can lead to full-time employment in their off-site work program.
- Dish Network – Dish hires remote customer service agents to resolve billing and other technical issues for customers across the country.
- Dell – Dell is hiring for a variety of roles including virtual account managers, client services reps, and finance professionals.
- eBay - eBay offers flexible scheduling options that can be tailored around your schedule, including part-time positions with full or partial telework schedules!
- Enterprise Holdings – is hiring for virtual customer service jobs, as well as other positions that can be fulfilled remotely.
- FedEx – FedEx hires for a variety of positions including virtual customer service agents to work from home.
- Gap Inc. – Gap is hiring for virtual positions in areas like marketing, finance, merchandising, and events!
- General Motors - General Motors offers remote-jobs at their headquarters or through a work-from-home customer service program where employees are based locally around the United States!
- Google – Google hires across many different departments for virtual positions, including account managers, business analysts, and more.
- Goodwill - Goodwill offers flexible scheduling options that allow you to work on your terms!
- Groupon – Groupon hires telecommuters in customer service roles across the country.
- General Dynamics – General Dynamics has over 80 job listings in various departments like cybersecurity and sales.
- Hilton - Hilton is hiring full-time remote workers to take incoming calls from guests at their reservation centers across the country!
- Home Depot – Home Depot has dozens of flexible job listings, such as cashier and sales positions.
- Humana - Humana offers a variety of remote jobs in different departments like claims processing!
- Hertz – Hertz has several remote jobs available in various departments like sales support associates, business development managers, and more!
- Home Depot – Home Depot is hiring full-time and part-time virtual customer service associates.
- Honeywell – Honeywell has a variety of remote jobs open in IT, Accounting & Finance, Engineering, HR & Admin roles, etc.
- IBM - IBM is hiring for a wide range of positions including application support specialists to web content writers!
- JetBlue – Jetblue is hiring virtual customer service reps to be based out of their contact center in Miramar, FL. They offer flexible scheduling options that can be tailored around your schedule.
- Lowe’s – Lowe's hires full-time, part-time, and seasonal employees for a variety of roles that can be fulfilled from home. This Fortune 500 company offers flexible scheduling options as well!
- L Brands – L Brands offers part-time and full-time flexible schedules that can be tailored around your availability.
- Marriott - Marriott has dozens of telecommuting job listings in areas like customer service to hotel staff to room attendants!
- Macy’s – Macy's offers flexible scheduling options that can be tailored around your schedule. This Fortune 500 company is hiring for a variety of roles including customer service reps and store associates, among others!
- Nike - Nike is hiring for a variety of positions including virtual account managers, client services reps, and more! Plus they hire athletes to work remotely in areas like marketing, finance & accounting roles.
- Nestle – Nestle has several remote jobs available in various departments like marketing, engineering services, and more!
- Owens Corning – This Fortune 500 company offers several remote job opportunities that can be tailored around you.
- Pfizer - Pfizer has dozens of flexible jobs available in areas like marketing, finance & accounting roles, and more!
- Proctor & Gamble– Procter and Gamble hire for virtual positions across the country with some openings located at their Cincinnati office.
- Ross Stores – Ross is hiring for dozens of flexible positions to work from home! This Fortune 500 company offers part-time, full-time, and seasonal roles that can be tailored around your schedule! Plus they offer performance bonuses as well!
- Sprint – Sprint offers work-at-home opportunities as well through their Virtual Customer Care team which hires reps to provide tech support remotely via phone or email.
- Sodexo – Sodexo is hiring for a variety of work-at-home positions including client services representatives, customer service reps, and more!
- TJX Companies – This Fortune 500 company offers both part-time & full-time remote jobs in areas like store operations, merchandising, and more!
- Target– Target hires for a variety of positions including virtual guest services reps, project managers, and more!
- United Airlines – United Airlines has several work-at-home opportunities available in various departments like IT & Software Development, Sales Support Representatives, Customer Service Representatives, etc.
- UPS – UPS has several work-at-home opportunities available in various departments like IT & Software Development, Sales Support Representatives, Customer Service Representatives, etc.
- Verizon – Verizon has dozens of flexible job listings in areas like sales consulting & management
- VF Corporation – VF offers flexible schedules that can be tailored around your availability. They hire for a variety of work-at-home positions including customer service reps and IT & Software Development roles, among others!
- Walmart – Walmart offers a range of work-from-home opportunities including virtual store managers to warehouse operations employees.
- Walgreens – Walgreens is hiring remote customer service reps to resolve issues related to account balances, refill prescriptions, and more.
- Xerox – Xerox hires for several positions in finance as well as other departments including IT and Sales.
- Zappos - Zappos offers both part-time and full-time jobs in areas like customer service, marketing & advertising, merchandising operations, etc.
As you can see from the list above many Fortune 500 companies are hiring remote workers. These big corporations have been at the forefront of innovation for years and are now leading the way when it comes to remote work.
The future of remote working
If you’re in the market for a remote job, it may be worth your time to explore Fortune 500 companies that are hiring. These big corporations have been at the forefront of innovation and they’ve paved the way when it comes to remote work.
As more people become comfortable with working from home, we predict this list will continue to grow as well. If you want some help finding a job or if you just need advice on how to get started working remotely, reach out!
Our team is ready and waiting to answer any questions about jobs available across these industries or anything else related to getting hired online today.