It's been an incredible year for Steadily. We've grown from 5 people to 30 over the last 12 months, and our technical challenges have gotten interesting! If you love building web apps or service-oriented architecture then this company is perfect because we need someone with experience in both fields who can help us build core parts of our stack like APIs & microservices.
Steadily is an insurance company that provides affordable, fast coverage to property owners. We do this by using our cutting-edge technology and service so you can be confident in your rainy day!
At Steadily Insurance Services we have a simple mission: To give landlords the peace of mind they need when it comes time for them to buy their auto or home insurance policy because at Steadily, being insured never feels too much work
Why join us
- We're growing fast and are well-funded (Series A, $30M)
- There is a reason we're so successful. The founders and executives behind the company have years of engineering experience, helping build companies from scratch in their spare time while working on other high-profile projects
- We pay top of the market with competitive base salaries and equity. Plus, you’ll be hands-on for everything from coding in python to influencing product roadmaps!
What you'll build
- You'll be able to rate your insurance policy and combine property intelligence from external sources to estimate how likely it is that a home will flood, catch on fire, or get vandalized.
- We want to make it easy and intuitive for your least-tech savvy relative with a flip phone, so you'll be able to create an insurance account that passes the Mom Test.
- You'll be able to work on our app, which uses a phone camera and sensors for you to document the damage quickly.
- We know that you're an experienced professional and we expect nothing less than excellence from our teammates. You will be required to dive into a complex codebase without too much spin-up time, but past experience as a team lead is beneficial!
- You're the type of engineer who likes to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions using your engineering skills. You don't want a fully fleshed-out spec thrown over your wall for you to code, but instead, offer input on what makes sense from an end-user perspective so that all our designs are perfect together!
- You like solving complex problems through collaboration while maintaining high standards in quality assurance - this means there's no point where someone can just write their own features after ours without thinking too hard about if it would be better or worse than how we have envisioned things going forward
- Heroku (with full CI pipeline)
- Redis / Celery
- Python 3
We believe in paying top-of-market to attract the best person for each role. However, we recognize that the compensation package is usually a distant second on people’s list of reasons why they choose to join our startup and pour their heart and soul into building something users love—that's what we do!
Things to consider
We keep our engineering and product HQ in Austin. If you join us, we expect that within a few months of joining your team - if not sooner-you'll be relocating there with the rest! This won't always come easy but it is one goal worth achieving so get ready for hard work ahead because nothing else matters when having high expectations from each other which are themselves reward enough.