When it comes to Higher Education, there's no shortage of problems. The cost for education is skyrocketing while only 33% graduate within four years and issues with equity are worsening at alarming rates; Coursedog has come up with a new solution that could be the answer our universities have been waiting on since they started relying heavily upon outdated software!
Coursedog is the modern operating system for Higher Education. From supercharging student experience and empowering administrators with analytics to build software that enables the $800 billion markets to reach its highest ideals, we're working towards facilitating upward mobility, equity & positive change in this industry!
Coursedog, a hypergrowth startup backed by YC is now raising $23m in venture capital as it continues its rapid expansion into the market. The company has tripled employee headcount over 1.5 years with plans to bring on many more people soon! Courses at our office are tailored for employees’ needs and interests with courses ranging from coding skills training through project management certification programs—we have something perfect just waiting for you out there somewhere inside this building
Join the Coursedog engineering team and help us build a cutting-edge product! As a backend Node.JS Engineer, you will be responsible for our services, databases, and infrastructure. You'll work with other engineers on both frontend projects as well (including some in React), so there's no shortage of responsibility here - we're looking for someone who can tackle any task thrown their way while working hard at becoming an expert programmer too.
What You Will Do:
- As a developer with experience in Node.js and MongoDB, you will be able to design the underlying application logic that powers our APIs.
- You will be responsible for improving our AWS infrastructure and application performance while working closely with other developers. You'll analyze and design the architecture, implement functional requirements in a variety of technologies like Java/Python to reduce costs without compromising on quality control!
- We care about our clients and we're always looking for ways to make the end-user experience better. That's why you'll work with us on developing new features or enhancements that will enhance your business strategy as well!
- Familiar with building SPAs and using Git for version control
- Naturally curious and willing to step into the user’s shoes
- Experience with designing REST APIs and with the unit and e2e testing
- Experience with building complicated, enterprise-level systems
- Working in a fully remote team
- 5+ years of backend development experience and proficiency in English
- Deep technical knowledge and expertise in BE technologies and tools (Node.js, Express, MongoDB)
- Flexible work hours allow you to choose a pace and time that is most beneficial for your productivity. Plus, we have no weekly hour minimums!
- We have a policy that all teams members take 17 days of vacation per year, but you can decide when and how much time off.
- We are a Remote-first company. We believe remote work is an approach to life, not just sitting at home all day and spend much of our energy on fostering trust within the digital space so people can collaborate comfortably without worries about being judged or embarrassed online.
- Lots of other benefits